KIP Reit Management Sdn Bhd (“REIT Manager”) was established on 18 December 2015 for the purpose of managing KIP REIT, one of Malaysia’s leading real estate investment trust focused on community-centric malls. It is principally responsible for the implementation of investment strategies in accordance with KIP REIT’s investment objectives and for the benefit of its unitholders.
The REIT Manager is backed by an experienced Board of Directors (“Board”) entrusted with the responsibility of overseeing the management of KIP REIT’s portfolio. The Board is supported by diverse team of senior management who are committed to professionally managing KIP REIT’s portfolio in line with its investment approach.
The REIT Manager is a CMSL holder for regulated activity of fund management in relation to asset management restricted to REITs and its conduct is guided by Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad Main Market Listing Requirements, Securities Commission Malaysia Guidelines on Listed Real Estate Investment Trust and the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance.
Active Asset Management and Enhancement
- Executing proactive leasing and cost management strategies to maximise returns for Unitholders
- Leveraging local expertise in areas of operation to provide for optimised rental income and occupancy rates
- Focusing on yield-accretive retail assets providing sustainable income and capital appreciation
Capital and Risk Management
- Optimising capital structure to maximise Unitholder returns
- Adopting an appropriate mix of debt and equity in financing acquisitions and managing refinancing risks